The warm weather is setting in and on this Thirsty Thursday we wanted to quench our thirst with the latest in spring drinks. Light and refreshing cocktails that normally include fresh fruit and herbs are the perfect remedy. Along with the many outdoor activities that spring brings, be sure to pair it with one of these awesome adult beverages. (Ages 21+)
(photo credit: Jason Walsh)
Created by Mixologist Jason Walsh in New York City, this drink leaves you fully refreshed and ready for another round. Check out some of his other amazing creations on his website profile!
- 1 1/2 ounce Tito’s Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce Sencha Green Tea Syrup* (recipe below)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch thick English cucumber
- Cucumber slice and mint sprig for garnish
- In a mixing glass, muddle one slice of cucumber.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Add 6 ice cubes, shake, then strain into a 7 oz coupe glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and sprig of mint.
Emboldened Cherry Blossom
Andres Sanchez of Positano Coast in Philadelphia created this wonderful drink that is spicy, sweet, and fruity simultaneously. Jalapeño infused tequila? Yes please.
- 1.5 oz Jalapeno infused tequila blanco
- 1.25 oz Blood Orange Juice
- .75 oz Combier Rouge
- .5 oz lemon juice
- .25 oz Combier Liqueur d’Orange
- Brut champagne
- Strawberry flower for garnish
- Shake ingredient with ice.
- Strain over new ice in a highball glass.
- Top with brut Champagne.
- Garnish with strawberry flower.
Cadbury Creme Egg Cocktail
Blogger and cocktail enthusiast Barbells and Bellinis posted this amazingly unique recipe featuring the Cadbury Egg. Incredibly sweet, creamy and wonderfully chocolate-y, this cocktail can be saved for dessert!
2 cups of 2% or whole milk
4 Cadbury Creme Eggs
4 oz chocolate vodka
Chocolate syrup to line glasses
2 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs for garnish
In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat. (Do not boil) Add Cadbury Creme Eggs one at a time. Move eggs around with whisk until they melt completely, whisking well. When all 4 eggs have been melted, pour milk into a container and refrigerate for an hour to cool, whisking occasionally to prevent separation.To make two martinis, line martini glasses with chocolate syrup. Pour 8 ounces of milk mixture and 4 ounces of chocolate vodka into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with mini Cadbury Creme Eggs.